Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation Workshop
Join Fungi Ally in this fall Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation Workshop:
What you will be learning:
- Mushroom lifecycles- how mushrooms grow, specifically basidiomycetes.
- Ecological roles- The different roles fungi play in our ecosystems and how we can work with that information to connect more deeply to nature.
- History of Fungi
- Intro to Mushroom Cultivation. The basics to every method of mushroom cultviation.
- Mushroom Medicinals
- Mushroom Log Cultivation- How to grow shiitake, oyster, lions mane and other mushrooms in logs. This is a technique used for centuries that is easy to do and extremely fruitful. All participants will go home with an inoculated log.
- Mushroom Bed Inoculation- Growing Wine cap or King Stropharia in a garden or yard is very easy to do. Once the mycelium becomes established it can be extensively expanded year after year. We will go over this mushroom and the process of cultivating it.
- And more!
Get hands on experience in making mushrooms logs and mushroom beds for your garden! Gain the tools and knowledge to transform agricultural waste to grow your own food and medicine for your family and community!
Fungi Ally’s goal is to connect people with the wonderful world of fungi. Alex Dorr is the lab manager, spawn producer, and education coodinator for Fungi Ally. Author of the published book Mycoremediation Handbook: Grassroots Guide to Growing Mushrooms and Cleaning up Toxic Waste with Fungi. Working with various other projects including Corenewal, a 501c3 non profit organization in Ecuador cleaning up oil spills and a mycoremediation team based in the USA consulting big industries and doing research. Has certifications including: Master Soils and Fungi certification, Clean room techniques, and commercial mushroom spawn certification. Has taught mushroom workshops all around the country for years! Dedicated to connecting people with the healing abundance that fungi provides!