Shiitake Log Cultivation and Farm Tour
Join the alliance in this FREE shiitake log cultivation class and farm tour!
What you will be learning:
- Mushroom lifecycles- how mushrooms grow, specifically basidiomycetes.
- Ecological roles- The different roles fungi play in our ecosystems and how we can work with that information to connect more deeply to nature.
- Mushroom Log Cultivation- How to grow shiitake, oyster, lions mane and other mushrooms in logs. This is a technique used for centuries that is easy to do and extremely fruitful. All participants will go home with an inoculated log.
- And more!
What you will be seeing:
- Fruiting rooms, for cultivation of shiitake, oyster, lion’s mane, and more!
- Labs, for cultures, and inoculation of fruiting bags
- More more more!
Get hands-on experience in making mushrooms logs! Gain the tools and knowledge to transform agricultural waste to grow your own food and medicine for your family and community!
Fungi Ally’s goal is to connect people with the wonderful world of fungi. Willie Crosby has been growing mushrooms for the past 5 years. He has recently conducted a SARE grant researching yield data for 5 different strains of shiitake grown on logs and sawdust blocks. “This material is based upon work supported by the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture, through the Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education program under subaward number FNE16-847