Oyster Mushroom Cultivation Workshop
Come join us to learn how to grow your own Oyster Mushrooms.
Oyster mushrooms are a delicious edible, medicinal, are able to decompose an oil spill, and make sustainable home insulation. Oyster mushrooms are not only one of the easiest mushrooms to grow but they are very diverse in the practical ways we can use them! We can grow them on a wide variety of easily accessible cheap materials like straw, coffee grounds, logs, sawdust, toilet paper rolls and more!
Learn how to ally with this powerful fungal friend and be able to take home your own grow kit that you make to be able to easily produce your own delicious oyster mushrooms right at home!
This workshop will cover:
- Oyster mushroom lifecycle
- Ecological roles of fungi
- How to grow oyster mushrooms on a small home or commercial scale on straw
- How to grow oyster mushrooms on coffee grounds and sawdust
- Indoor year round fruiting in a home for oyster mushrooms
- Using oyster mushrooms in mycoremediation
Join us at Fungi Ally November 18th from 10:30-12:30 for an in-depth workshop on everything Oyster Mushrooms.